Let’s dive in:
- Spent Memorial Day weekend in Maine and New Hampshire. Both states are beautiful and chock full of seafood, so you should probably go as soon as you can.
- Used $200 from my United TravelBank account to book a discounted ticket to San Francisco for Labor Day weekend, which brought the price from an already-good $397 to a better $197. The $200, of course, is really the $200 airline credit from my AmEx Business Platinum card that I receive each calendar year. I made the purchase with my AmEx Premier Rewards Gold card, which receives 3x points per dollar on airline spend and has a $100 airline credit per calendar year. Hopefully, the PRG Gold credit will knock the price of the ticket down from $197 to $97, which is highway robbery for a summer NYC-SFO roundtrip. The miles earned from the flight I will credit to my Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer account instead of United MileagePlus, earning me 5,172 Krisflyer miles versus 1,500 United miles. #Unitedsucks
- Waiting on my good friend See, Think, Explore to figure out her wedding site in Phuket for next summer. She recently snapped me photos of the Naka, a Luxury Collection SPG hotel, and they were stunning (hotel’s IG at end of post). Fingers crossed she will somehow let me use my SPG card to pay, since as an SPG Gold member I earn 1 point for every $2 spend on the wedding…(of course, this is a big, silly ask!)
- Figuring out how to make sure my parents will spend all 23 of their nights in Japan on points. I will conservatively estimate the value of these nights at over $12,000.
- Getting into the world of bank account bonuses, courtesy of Doctor of Credit. I will report back when I have earned something tangible, but it looks to be lucrative.
Stay tuned for more and in the meantime, it’s summer, go hit the beach!