D-Day’s finally here! Pops and I are headed to Kenya and Zanzibar via Abu Dhabi at 10pm tonight.
BOY I AM EXCITED AND HERE’S WHY:
- 3 new countries – United Arab Emirates, Kenya and Tanzania.
- MF’ing SAFARI TIME ON THE SERENGETI at the Fairmont Mara Safari Club w/ luxury tents, game drives, balloon rides, oases, hippos, cheetahs, giraffes, lions, hyenas, etc. I’m counting on something crazy to happen, like this. Anyway, check out the hotel!
- Two days in Zanzibar. Zanzibar just sounds cool. Also, I’ve never been to a place with two Z’s in the name.
- Fam time. From the Netherlands and Belgium in 2014, Spain in 2015 and now, Africa, my Dad and I have had some pretty amazing experiences together and there’s no reason why that won’t continue, besides malaria. So, knock on some wood for us, huh?
- 8 days off work.
- What’s the weather? Warm. Sunny. Clement. Here’s a picture of the beach in Zanzibar.
- Last, but not least, is seeing Pops continue his whirlwind lifestyle, as he will have visited 6 new countries and 3 new continents in 40 days after this trip is over.
Going on a safari has always been one of my top 3 travel dreams, so, obviously, I’m crazy elated! Please come follow me on the site and on Instagram (@thewindowsuite) all through this week and next as I explore a new, beautiful and wild part of the world!