2015 was another grand year that included trips all over the US, a trip to Europe and my first trip to South America. By using points and miles, I was still able to save a mess of money even though, for various reasons, I paid for more airfare than usual.
Take a look, below:
And here’s a visual representation:
For the fourth year running, my savings on travel have been immense.
- NYC – Charlottesville – $1,200 in savings
- NYC – Vail – $500 in savings
- NYC – DC – $450 in savings
- NYC – Boston – $150 in savings
- NYC – Santiago – $800 in savings
- NYC – Nashville – $350 in savings
- NYC – Toronto – $300 in savings
- Philly – Barcelona – $1,000 in savings
Even though I didn’t fly in business- or first-class this year, I still earned at least $4,750 in flight value!
While this doesn’t compare to last year’s total of $27,000 in flight value, it still represents sizable savings.